GASOLINE, SUPPLY CODACONS AND ANTITRUST: SIN MAT INSPECTIONS AT OIL COMPANY AND WHOLESALERS OFFICES
FOLLOW FUEL PURCHASED INVOICES TO CHECK SPECULATIONS. Brokerage fees go from 5.5% to 19.7%
THE ASSOCIATION DISTRIBUTES THE DECALOGUE TO SAVE UP TO 25% ON FUEL AND DIESEL CONSUMPTION
In-depth inspections by Nas of oil companies, distributors, wholesalers and brokerage firms active in the sale of fuels, in order to find out where the speculation that led to soaring prices at the pump lurks. To ask Codacons, the only association that has taken the field against the phenomenon of expensive gasoline with a complaint to the Antitrust and 104 public prosecutors from all over Italy.
“We are asking the local justice and Antitrust to activate Nas and Guardia di Finanza to carry out inspections throughout Italy by seizing the fuel purchase notes and all the useful tax documents both at the oil companies and at wholesalers and brokerage firms, checking the differences in buying and selling prices of petroleum products before and after the outbreak of war in Ukraine.
We want to understand who is speculating on the pockets of consumers and companies and at what stage are hiding gasoline and diesel price increases that, at the moment, seem completely unjustified.
Minister Cingolani himself, who spoke yesterday of a “colossal scam”, can and must use the Environmental Protection Command of the Mite Carabinieri to carry out checks and hunt down speculators, demonstrating that he wants take concrete action against these offences”.
In the complaint addressed to the Public Prosecutor’s Office and the Antitrust, Codacons also asks to verify the fact that the companies active in the field of oil refining and the import of the already refined product would have brought the brokerage commission applied on the resale to the distributor from an average of 5.5% (or around 8 euro cents per litre) to 19.7%. Supplement that would be unjustified and would lead to an unfair increase in pump prices to the detriment of the community.
Meanwhile, the Codacons, given the unsustainable levels of fuel prices at the pump, today release a manual with all the useful tips to save up to 25% on gasoline and diesel consumption:
1. Drive smoothly and smoothly. Avoid pulling gears and exceeding 2,500/3,000 engine rpm. Accelerating and braking constantly is a real exhaustion.
2. Avoid pressing the accelerator too hard. The more you run, the more you consume and especially in town it is useless, because you do not really save time.
3. Prefer high speeds. In fact, it also saves 10% fuel.
4. Carefully choose the cheapest distributor. Before refueling or leaving on a trip, it is advisable to check the prices of gasoline and diesel in your area of residence, also using modern applications which, thanks to geolocation, allow you to identify the cheapest gas stations,
5. Tire pressure is critical. If the tires are not inflated to the correct point, it wears between 1% and 2% more.
6. Limit air conditioner use. If you turn it off or keep it running, the fuel savings can be around 10%.
7. Lighten the weight of the car enables significant savings in fuel consumption.
8. Close the windows and, if you don’t need them, throw away the roof rack. It is essential not to alter the aerodynamics of the car, otherwise consumption increases significantly.
9. Turn off the engine as much as possible, especially in town. Standing still in traffic with the engine running and maybe the air conditioning on means wasting a lot of fuel, around 30% more.
10. Only use the car if and when necessary. It’s a lifestyle choice. Rediscover walks and only use the car when you really can’t live without it.