Dublin, March 18, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – The “Water Recycle and Reuse Technologies – Global Market Trajectory & Analytics” report has been added to by ResearchAndMarkets.com offering.
Water recovery or wastewater reuse is a water saving approach that involves treating and converting wastewater into potable or non-potable water for various reuse applications, reducing the burden on fresh water supplies. Water demand and water security are the main growth factors in the global market. Global population expansion and subsequent focus on industrialization, coupled with growing demand from the agricultural sector, are expected to fuel market growth. The rapid pace of urbanization in emerging countries is driving the need for water treatment solutions.
Another factor supporting demand is the recovery in manufacturing in most markets which is driving the need for water and wastewater recycling. The emphasis on water reuse and recycling through programs such as zero liquid discharge is driving the penetration of advanced technologies. The growth is also attributed to the increased importance of water reuse and desalination, measures to address the growing need for safe and clean water.
The global market for water recycling and reuse technologies, estimated at $ 15.3 billion in 2020, is expected to reach a revised size of $ 27.1 billion by 2026, growing at a 10% CAGR in analysis period.
Physical treatment, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.4% to reach $ 16.1 billion by the end of the analysis period. After a thorough analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and its induced economic crisis, growth in the chemical treatment segment is readjusted to a revised 8.7% CAGR for the next 7-year period. This segment currently represents a 33% share of the global market for water recycling and reuse technologies.
The market for water recycling and reuse technologies in the United States is estimated at $ 4.4 billion in the year 2021. The country currently represents a share of 26.87% in the global market.
In emerging markets, growth depends on the steady increase in heavy industrial users of water, the increased need to exploit lower quality water resources, and increasing investments in modernizing wastewater infrastructure. In the Asia-Pacific region, rapid industrialization and steady economic growth are expected to fuel demand for advanced membrane systems used in industrial water and wastewater treatment across the region. Increasing demand for new facilities, upgrading existing facilities, and increasing focus on higher standards for wastewater control, particularly in China, are also helping growth in the region.
Biological wastewater treatment relies on the ability of microorganisms such as bacteria to break down organic waste. Biological wastewater treatment to obtain clean water has been in use for some time, adopting a wide range of approaches from simple cesspools and traditional activated sludge plants to more technologically advanced solutions such as Membrane Aerated Biofilm Reactor (MABR). The worldwide use of biological wastewater treatment is due to its effectiveness and cost efficiency compared to many chemical or mechanical processes. In the global biological treatment segment, the US, Canada, Japan, China and Europe will lead the estimated 10.9% CAGR for this segment. These regional markets representing a combined market size of $ 1.7 billion in 2020 will reach an expected size of $ 3.6 billion by the end of the review period. China will remain among the fastest growing countries in this cluster of regional markets. Led by countries such as Australia, India and South Korea, the market in Asia Pacific is projected to reach $ 379.7 million by 2026.
- Aqua Utility Designs and Management Pvt. Ltd.
- DP Clean Tech
- DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
- GE Water and Process Technologies
- Hansgrohe SE
- Lenntech BV
- ProChem, Inc.
- Siemens AG
- Veolia environment
- Rhapsody of water
Key topics covered:
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Water Recycling & Reuse Technologies – Global Percentage Market Share of Top Competitors in 2022 (E)
- Competitive market presence: strong / active / niche / mundane for players around the world in 2022 (E)
- World economic growth projections (real GDP, annual% change) from 2020 to 2022
- Distributed water infrastructure to address the disturbing problems faced by water services during COVID-19
- Recycled Water: Wastewater recycling for a plethora of reuse applications
- Primary methods related to the reuse of waste water
- The attention of the sector is growing on the reuse of water
- The growing demand for clean water and the widening gap between a safe and reliable water supply leads to the need for water reuse
- Global distribution of fresh water reserves by source
- Impending Water Crisis and the Need for Clean Water: A Global Perspective
- Overall water consumption by end use sector (in%)
- Outlook: Water recycling is set to make big gains
2. FOCUS ON SELECTED PLAYERS
3. TRENDS AND MARKET DRIVERS
- Climate change and drought resilience force the adoption of water reuse
- Drought risk score for selected countries: 2019
- Global mean surface temperature (in degrees Fahrenheit) for the years 1940, 2000, and 2020
- Innovations in water quality technology increase leads
- Water reuse in agriculture emerges as a viable solution to combat food insecurity
- High wastewater discharge costs to promote absorption
- The new focus on the circular economy among industrial enterprises places an emphasis on recycling and reuse of wastewater
- Water-intensive industrial units for investments in sustainable wastewater treatment
- Minimal liquid discharge and zero liquid discharge gain popularity
- Increased use of membrane filtration technologies for water reuse
- The pharmaceutical industry opens up new growth opportunities
- The reuse of water in the oil and gas sector arouses interest in advanced technologies
- Attention to unconventional oil and gas resources stimulates demand for water treatment technologies
- Technically recoverable shale gas by geographic region
- EOR technologies generate a wider demand for wastewater reuse
- Biological wastewater treatment is gaining ground
- Tertiary wastewater treatment techniques are gaining momentum
- Trend in the use of membrane bioreactors (MBRs)
- The growing interest in vertical farming, hydroponic farming drives the use of recycled water
- Global Hydroponics Market in Millions of Dollars: 2016-2024
- Population expansion supports demand
- Rapid urbanization and the need for water reliability stimulate growth
4. OUTLOOK FOR THE GLOBAL MARKET
For more information on this report, please visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/cqmibk
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source of international market research reports and market data. We bring you the latest data on international and regional markets, key sectors, top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Global market for water recycling and reuse technologies