Vacancy notice number: 019/2022
Position title: Technical expert in entrepreneurship and economic recovery (position reserved for citizens)
Job level: 4M tape
Contract type: CDD
Project: MP – Maendeleo Pamoja
Workplace : Bukavu
Contract length: 1 year with the possibility of renewal
Desired start date: Be determined
Closing date : 28.03.2022
GIZ, Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit, is an international cooperation company for sustainable development that operates on all continents. It offers forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalized world. Under sometimes difficult conditions, GIZ supports complex processes of change and reform. Its main objective is to sustainably improve the living conditions of populations in cooperating countries.
In the South Kivu province, GIZ is implementing the “Maendeleo Pamoja (MP) / Social Cohesion and Value Chains” project, which aims to generate income for vulnerable populations (especially young women and men), strengthen social cohesion within social groups and governance support for the improvement of basic services. The project involves cooperation with local farmers’ organizations, cooperatives and NGOs to achieve its goals. The project also works on gender empowerment and conflict management at the local level. The MP project is looking for a Technical Expert in entrepreneurship and economic recovery.
A. Area of responsibility
The incumbent operates under the supervision of the Principal Technical Advisor and in collaboration with other project experts. He is responsible for the following activities:
▪ Conducting analyzes on rural development initiatives, agricultural and non-agricultural value chains, etc. ;
▪ Develop strategies for the promotion of innovative value chains;
▪ Analyze the market potential of the project’s intervention areas;
▪ Supporting farmers’ organizations and business incubators (startups) in developing business plans;
▪ Supervise the development of “business plans”;
▪ Support the design and implementation of income-generating measures (processing of agricultural products, development of value chains, youth entrepreneurship, etc.)
In this context, the incumbent has the following responsibilities:
▪ Develop and monitor, in close cooperation with the TC, the approach and result matrix of the aspects of the project related to the issues related to the achievement of economic livelihood improvement for farmers in the project implementation region;
▪ Develop different tools to analyze links in agricultural and non-agricultural value chains;
▪ Conduct and / or supervise responsibility analysis (gender sensitivity, etc.);
▪ In collaboration with other experts, develop and implement operational planning of the area of responsibility;
▪ Prepare an organizational mechanism for the implementation of activities aimed at improving the situation of the area of responsibility;
▪ Organize (and impart) adequate training in the area of responsibility;
▪ Contribute to the periodic evaluation of the project activities.
▪ Participate with other technical experts in the planning and technical coordination of the project;
▪ Regularly consult with the TC, other technical experts on the development of the area of responsibility.
▪ Assist in the execution of project activities and other tasks within its competence according to the instructions received;
▪ Follow, where necessary, refresher courses relating to the position and related obligations – the specific training needs must be identified in agreement with the CTP before selecting suitable programs;
▪ Agree to spend 50% of your working time in the project area.
C. Required qualifications, skills and experience
▪ Have a higher education degree (bachelor’s or master’s degree) in economics, rural development, agro-economics, sociology, management or other equivalent training.
▪ Have at least 7 years of experience in projects related to the design and monitoring of income generating activities (IGA) and / or economic recovery activities in rural areas;
▪ Have at least five years of work experience in the development of agricultural products (processing, conservation, promotion of entrepreneurship in rural areas, etc.) including at least 3 years of experience with agricultural and non-agricultural supply chain approaches;
▪ Proven experience in the implementation of micro-projects;
▪ Proven experience in conflict or post-conflict contexts;
▪ Have professional experience in the North or South Kivu provinces;
▪ At least 2 years of work experience in a multicultural context;
▪ Having work experience within ORG (development) as well as bilateral cooperation is an advantage.
Other knowledge / skills
▪ In-depth technical knowledge of the rural economy;
▪ Have strong marketing skills;
▪ Have an excellent practical knowledge of the use of information and communication technologies (correspondent software, telephone, e-mail, Internet, MS Team) and of computer applications (such as MS Office);
▪ Good ability to communicate orally, in writing;
▪ Have a perfect command of French and Swahili (written and spoken);
▪ Analytical mind and planning skills;
▪ Integrity and team spirit;
▪ Demonstrate commitment to GIZ’s mission, vision and values.
D. Submission of the application:
We invite you to send your application (with mandatory mention of the qualification and the number of the vacancy notice in the title of the email / on the envelope) at the latest March 28, 2022 at 3pm to the following address: email@example.com
Applications must include a cover letter and a CV in French with 3 contact references, a copy of the identity card, a photocopy of the diplomas. Don’t forget to enter your email address and phone number.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
NB: female candidates are particularly encouraged.